Thursday, October 12, 2006

Happy Birthday Ike


Jaxon and I spent the evening at the Eisenhower center celebrating President Eisenhower's birthday. It was a really neat celebration and I am glad that we went! The first event of the evening was a 1956 presidential campaign vignette on the porch of Eisenhower's boyhood home. After that was an "Ike's Idol's" talent show featuring an Elvis impersonator. Jaxon absolutely loved the concert. He stood on my lap the whole time and was totally enthralled by the music. It was so much fun to see his reactions as he watched the program! Here he is crashed out after a busy evening! I forgot my camera, or I would have taken a picture in the totally cute outfit he wore. We will be back to the Eisenhower Center tomorrow, so will get a pic of him in front of Ike's boyhood home!

No comments: